John Rumm

andrewpreece wrote:

Check that if you have a stopcock or isolation valve/tap in the line that it
is
fully open. My initial flow rates were rather disappointing until I realised
that
the combi was fed from an isolation tap, which was only cracked open
halfway.

Some combis control the flow rate of hot water produced, some dont.
Hence in winter (i.e. cold incoming water), the ones with control will
produce water at the same temperature as before, but a lower flow rate.
The ones without control will produce water at the same rate as before,
but at a lower temperature.

Sometimes I have seen the input stopcock partially turned off like this
on boilers that do not limit hot water flow rate so as to ensure the hot
water temperature remains hot enough without the user having to remember
not to turn the hot bath tap full on.

--
Cheers,

John.