Guy Dawson

Default Garden fence posts

Mortimer wrote:

I common with many others I expect, my garden fence posts have rotted
at ground level and snapped.

The posts were originally set into
quite large concrete blocks/balls so my next idea is to remove the
posts and panels,clear the tops of the concrete and using a kango
hammer open up the square hole in the concrete where the post has
rotted away to about twice its' size now.

What size are the existing holes? We had a fence made up of 3" posts set
into concrete with pannels between. When one of the posts rotted and
fell over in a high wind I obviously needed to do a repair.

I found the easy option was to dig out the rotten post from the concrete
and hammer a new post in its place. Took less than half an hour...

Guy
Guy Dawson I.T. Manager Crossflight Ltd