Larry Jaques

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 02:51:58 GMT, Monroe
calmly ranted:

Interested in methods that others are using for working during winters

I had my 2-car shop converted to forced air when the HVAC guy
came out to install the new heater/cooler. And 8" duct keeps it
within 10 degrees of the house with the door closed. I drilled
a couple dozen 2" holes through the door and keep a furnace filter
over the opening to equalize the pressure (and keep dust out of
the house) when the heater kicks in. For finishing, I open the side
door to ventilate while the solvent in the finish evaporates, then
close up to regain the heat and dry properly.

in metal quonsets that don't have permanent insulation. I'm toying
with the ideas of building a small, 8 ft high insulated "room" in one
corner of the quonset or perhaps erecting a temporary canvas/poly
enclosure (think temporary vehicle shelters with piping frame).

How about using 1" or 2" expanded foam panels glued to the
canvas shell for better/longer heat retension? Or build a
knockdown style frame with built-in panels of 1/4" OSB and
foamboard? Use it as a spray booth in the summer, shelter in
the winter. Consider spraying foam insulation on the inside
of the quonset if you're adventurous and deep-pocketed.

Winter here means periods of -40, dry. The quonset is all-metal,
corrugated, 40 ft x 60 ft x 20 ft max height with enclosed ends.

That's cold! Our winters in So. OR get down to +20F (so far, but
this is only my 3rd winter here.)

Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord.
http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online