Alan D.

Default Loose parquet strips / tiles...

Good morning everyone,
Before I go to Home Depot tonight after work, I thought, I'd read
(hopefully) some comments and perhaps advices from some experts in this
extremely informative group =)

As you have probably already figured out from the topic, I found couple of
loose pieces/strips in my parquet flooring recently... (each "tile" or the
parquet is made of 5 pieces - I believe). Actually I found one spot where
two "strips" still are holding each other very nicely and sitting perfectly
flat on the floor, but I could lift them up easily, because when I apply
pressure on either end of the strip, they move up... My question is - what
can I do to fix that? (please do not suggest replacing the parquet with
hardwood flooring or laying down a new parquet floor =) I also noticed some
other places where the strips are moving (at least on one end so I guess
with time they'll get totally loose).

I hope there is some way of actually lifting up the loose tiles and
re-gluing them... What kind of glue to use? Anything in particular I should
be careful with? Any special techniques to make a very strong and durable
bond?

Another question (I hope you don't mind...) is:
The floor has been re-finished quite recently, i.e. before I bought the
house. However some of the tiles have a little uneven edges, i.e. sticking
up a bit. This is not really affecting the overall look of the floor, but
while walking, I can sometimes notice it. would it be advisable to leave
them just the way they are (if they're still sitting pretty well) or should
I (can I) try to sand the sticking out edge (with random/orbital sander) and
re-apply vernish only locally? Can I do that w/o having any experience with
working with flooring?

I guess that's enough questions for one day. I'd greatly appreciate any
advise / opinions / information regarding the above. Thank you all in
advance. Have a great day.

Best regards,

Alan D.