Tony Bryer

In article , Jasonoc
wrote:
Hiya all. Just tried to order from www.discountcentralheating.co.uk
(a boiler) and they say that they will only accept CASH on
delivery. No cheques or visa. This sounds a bit odd to me and i was
wondering if anyone here has ordered from this company? before.

I got my combi from them in February. They didn't actually specify
*used* notes and I did wonder whether I would open the carton to
find 20 bricks in it but all was fine. And, unlike some I could
mention, they delivered exactly when they said they would. I paid
£750inc for my Glow-worm 24Cxi which was the best price I could get
by a good margin but see that they are now charging £800, whilst
Plumbworld are £825 so there's not much of a saving.

As to sale of goods rights my reckoning is that although it would be
your legal right to do so you would be mad to remove a faulty boiler
and send it back for a replacement. Any sensible person would call on
the maker's warranty and any reputable maker will send an engineer
out to sort a faulty unit without fuss.