PaPaPeng

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:36:40 -0700, "SJF" wrote:

Also, you surely are familiar with
starter fluid sprayed into the air intake before starting. That's the old
standby for starting a stiff or worn engine on a cold winter day. But it
will work better if you warm the engine first.

Won't work as there is a weather housing covering everything and won't
let me access the engine. I suppose this design prevents users from
getting scalded by a hot engine or the mechanism getting snow packed.
The only cutcout is for the outside face of the muffler. That's why I
had to unscrew the metal panel that forms the control panel in order
to reach the spark plug. Since the 3/4" hole is cut into this metal
I don't have to worry about the hot heater nozzle melting the plastic
weather housing..

The controls are the primer bulb, the ignition ON-OFF and a choke
lever. No throttle or clutch. The chances of flooding the engine are
pretty good on a cold start and that compounds the startup problem.

Tried the start today and hot dang it works like a dream.