patriarch

"jtpr" wrote in :

Now you guys have me doubting myself...

I'm finishing up a small (~30"x24") cabinet for a bathroom. It has a
maple case with cherry trim with a frosted glass door framed in
cherry. The shelves will be maple. I was going to finish this with
tung oil. It will be used to hold toiletry type stuff in the bathroom
so it might get occasional water sprayed or splashed on it. Do you
think I would be better off with a poly? I want to retain the
original "look" of the wood, just bring out the grain and give it a
bit of a polish. If I do the tung oil and want to change later to
another finish, is that possible?

Some folks are really happy with Waterlox Original for these types of
things. Higher solids content, some surface build, still looks and feels
close to the wood. Maybe you can find a sample somewhere, without spending
$15....

Patriarch