Bruce

Evenin' Ron:

There is also a product from a company called LPS. It is their LPS1. I
have used it to remove cosmoline with great success, also. Just
something else that works.

The Other Bruce

"RonB" wrote in message news:S8add.5657$EZ.1493@okepread07...
I have seen quite a few grumbles here and there regarding removal of
cosmoline or other protectants from new tools. Some manufacturers recommend
kerosene.

The last few times I have used full-strength Citrus Degreaser with a lot of
success. These were citrus bike chain degreaser or full-strength Advanage
(not Advantage) degreaser sold by fund raisers nation-wide. Just spread it
over the table, rub it into thicker areas with fingertip pressure (rubber
gloves if sensitive), let it sit for 10 minutes or so, wipe it off with a
wad of paper towels. You might have to go over it again to remove spots and
residue, then wipe with a damp rag and apply protectant. Advantages over
kerosene:

- I think it works better
- Less messy
- Non-flammable
- Doesn't stink. In fact, it smells pretty good
- I have seen no signs of it going after paint like some petroleum-based
solvents.

Thought this might be timely. We should be well into the Christmas-hint
season.