mark

You gotcha be hi-tech with the pidgeons these days. They are getting
smarter. The owl needs to rotate, hop around, make owl hoots, and
have lightup eyes. You need to connect the owl to one motor to make
it rotate, and a solenoid to make it hop. Then connect a speaker and
get an owl hooter tape or cd and play the sounds thru the speaker.
Finally, put LED bulbs behind the eyes to make them glow, and be sure
to use a random dimming circuit to control the eye brightness.
You might also consider flapping wings, which coild be achieved using
a pidgeon sensing device and a network of gears attached to another
motor. I have a feeling you are not taking these pidgeons seriously
enough. You MUST outsmart them.

Actually, that's not a bad idea...I just bought a couple of those motion
sensor sprinklers to keep the deer out of the garden. Maybe he could get one
of those and rig it up top. I'll bet they'd get the idea right quick.