Bob Huckleby

Bruce K. wrote:

Manual that came with mower reccomends that I run engine till dry.

Briggs and Straton website recommends that I fill gas tank with freash
gas and gas stablizer and store mower that way.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bruce

You're safe either way with the gas. Just make sure you use stabilizer if
you keep the gas in the tank. If you don't, it may start next season, but
eventually the varnish will build and gunk up the carb.

I'd recommend the other poster's info - adding oil in the spark hole.
Several manufacturers advise this.

Pour 1-2 tablespoons in the hole, replace the plug, and pull the starter
cord a couple of times. When the starter cord hits the most resistance -
STOP, and let go. This means the valves are closed and it's ready to store.