andrewpreece

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:05:42 +0100, "JJJ" wrote:

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
et...
If I can get my sealed system up to at least 1.5bar by filling it

from
the
mains filling loop, does this mean I have enough pressure to fit a

combi
boiler?

What kind of flow do you get from your taps in litres per minute ?

9 litres a minute from the kitchen tap (the rest are off the cold water
tank)

Then the answer is that the results will be disappointing. You
could look at getting the supply improved or perhaps the stop tap is
partly closed. This is the lowest legal minimum for a water supply.

Generally for a mains fed system, you need at least 20lpm.

If you must use a combi because you would like to get rid of the HW
cylinder, then look at one that will accept its water feed from a roof
tank.

Check that if you have a stopcock or isolation valve/tap in the line that it
is
fully open. My initial flow rates were rather disappointing until I realised
that
the combi was fed from an isolation tap, which was only cracked open
halfway.

Andy.