Richard Sterry

"JJJ" wrote in message
A plumber just told me that you're lucky if you get more than 10 years out
of a condensing boiler - because of their complexity and the fact that the
condensate rots them from the inside out...

is he right? not much point in being 90% efficient if the saving gets
swamped by the cost of a new boiler if he is..

I recall reading in an article that condensing boilers often do not last
very long if fitted to existing systems - something to do with steel
radiators I think. The article suggested that they are much more successful
in new systems, appropriately specified.

I'm sticking with my old dinosaur of a boiler. It works fine and it's cheap
and simple to fix!

Rick