coolneo

Default Dielectric alternative

Hi,

I'm reading up on some plumbing work I'm considering doing myself. I
have galvanized pipes throughout my house. I want to put in copper for
the new supply lines I want to install. I understand a Dielectric
union will allow me to "join" the copper with the galvanized iron and
protect from corrosion.

Great.

Continuing my reading I read someplace that since most older homes are
grounded to the plumbing the addition of a dielectic union will undo
the grounding.

Fine.

The alternative the person recommended was to use a "brass nipple at
least 6" long" and use "brass couplings" for the copper and galvanized
areas.

This is totally new to me. So here come my newbie questions:

I looked up brass nipples and I understand the concept there. How do
the coupling pieces come into play? Can someone give me a URL to see
what they look like?

Thanks!