mac davis

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:20:52 -0700, "TeamCasa"
wrote:

In a separate thread, a discussion has evolved to discussing the difference
between the quality of a surface prepared by a jointer and that of a rip
from a tablesaw.

I believe that if all of the equipment is setup properly, all blades are
quality ones, sharp and the procedures are sound, a jointer will still
render a better quality surface than a tablesaw time and time again.

Thoughts?

Dave

My uneducated guess would be that if you could get that good of a
square edge on a good table saw, the guys that do quality work all
have jointers that they're wasting time with...

Every web page that I've looked at relating to this and related
groups, there is both a saw and jointer... (and a surface planer
*sigh* *envy attack*)