philski

Charlie Self wrote:

philski asks:

so..charlie...you don't already wear glasses huh? heh heh - i get
baby-butt smooth edges with a Forrest WWII blade. i do one edge first on
the jointer then the opposite edge on the tablesaw. works for me!

can i call you four-eyes now?

Actually, I've worn glasses most of my life. No longer need them for distance,
since cataract surgery a couple years ago, but I do need them for reading and
close up.

So, four-eyes is still right.

Charlie Self
"There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other
is pulling up." Booker T. Washington

i too have been near-sighted since i was 5 or 6. i have been wearing
contacts for the last 30 years or so but when they are out, it is
bi-focals for me. i usually wear glasses vs contacts in the shop because
wood dust under a lens is just hell. i too have been called 4-eyes many
times (mostly by my departed dad). but hey, just remember ( i got this
line last night watching Carlin intro MNF) "If your're not the lead dog,
the view is always the same!"

Philski