Peter De Smidt

Alex Feldman wrote:

The jointer, or at least all those I have seen (I wonder if this will
be one of those why-didn't-I-think-of-that innovations a few years
down the road) has knives that cut perpindicular to the grain, with no
shear at all. Depending on the pattern, saw blades can have at least
a little shear, which should make for a cleaner cut.

There's a company, the name of which escapes me, that sells jointer
heads that use carbide inserts. The inserts are set so that they cut
the wood at an angle to the grain. No, I'm not talking about Grizzly.

-Peter