N. Thornton

(Philip) wrote in message . com...

Should I look further for an earting system up there. This is a
1930's house with a wiring system from that era, although most cables
are of the newer (white PVC) type I suspect the wiring layout design
is of the 1930 era.

This sounds confused. It is important to establish if there is any 30s
wiring still in use. If there is, it will be a real fire risk by now.

PVC with red black and bare copper conductors is modern, more or less.
PVC with red and black, but no 3rd conductor, is an old wiring system,
but certainly not 30s. If you find electric cable covered with lead,
woven cotton, or rubber, its time to be genuinely concerned (likely
1930s) and plan on rewiring as quick as poss. If you find cable
covered with treated paper, stringy rag material, or bare steel wires
strung between ceramic knobs, its time to panic.

NT