Mark Leininger

I posted on alt.auto.trucks.dodge but have found responses here to be
more helpful in the analytic process. The truck forum was useful for
finding all the common things that other people had experienced. I'll
take another wack at it this weekend.
thanks all

Bob Shuman wrote:
Change the hall effect device and you may get lucky. I've seen this cause
this type of problem with Chryslers before. I'd also suggest you post this
in rec.auto.makers.chrysler as there are many people there that can provide
advice from their experience.

Bob

"Mark Leininger" wrote in message

Thanks for all the thoughts. To elaborate, this model uses the engine
control module (there is no separate ignition module) to control the
coil firing by interrupting the ground. The ECM gets signals from a Hall
effect device (they call it a sync signal generator) in the distributor,
and a CPS.