Swingman

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article "Swingman" wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

However, it does nothing to address the worries about edge parallelism

along
the length. Jointing both edges of a board risks introducing a taper --

which
was the concern cited by the original poster IIRC.

Obviously, were you jointing rough stock it would be misuse of the tool,

but
I don't recall that being the situation here.

IME, any "worries' would be minimal at worst ... in practice, a light

pass
over the jointer should not be a big concern.

Quite true -- in fact, I said so in my response to the OP -- but it's a

valid
concern. If you joint after ripping, you can't be guaranteed of parallel

edges
any more. All you can do is act to minimize the degree of divergence.

IMO, you are simply making a mountain out of a molehill in the OP's
situation. Ripping to final width will insure the two edges that count are
parallel ... wooddorkers need to apply a little common sense to their
theoretical "concerns".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04