Treetops

HvacTech2;
See you are still following this thread. I posted the following a few =
days ago in response to your reply to me earlier. Maybe you didn't see =
it. Any chance you could provide further insight?
Thanks!
Repost:
"I think I understand the issue in cooling mode; the cooler air (less =
than 60 degrees) in the house will not transfer enough heat to the low =
side and so the return to compressor could be liquid instead of vapor. =
And compressor doesn't like liquid input.
In heat mode, if air at condenser is 60 degrees, the high side input =
vapor may not become fully liquid. However I don't see how this is a =
problem as the evaporator changes the low side refrigerant to a vapor =
anyway. So compressor still sees low side vapor.
Now I am a way out of my depth!! Maybe you could explain the issue, in =
heat mode, in a little more depth?
Just surprised at the no-no of running less than 60 degrees as I have =
not seen this as a caution in the operating instructions and have done =
it many times over 8 years without problem.
Also does this limitation differ from unit to unit?
Thanks again!"

"HvacTech2" wrote in message =
=20
=20
Hi Les, hope you are having a nice day
=20
On 18-Oct-04 At About 08:30:13, Les wrote to All
Subject: Tempiture Setting for Furnace in WInter
=20
L 0001ec2 From: "Les"
=20
L The lowest I am able to reduce the thermostat is 45 degrees; any =

idea
L why a heat pump may require higher than 60?
=20
=20
It is due to the High side pressure. it is just the same as running =

the A/C
in any temperature lower than 60 degrees outside. the head pressure =

runs too
low and causes liquid to return to the compressor which causes =

excessive
compressor wear or even damage.
=20
=20
-=3D HvacTech2 =3D-
=20
=20
.. Marriage is one of the chief causes of divorce. =

=20
=20
___ TagDude 0.92=E1+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail