MBQ

MM wrote in message . ..
My buyer is obviously very keen, as he has already ordered the
surveyor for tomorrow morning 8:30 am!

I intend in the next day or two to view some properties in my selected
area. As one of them has already had considerable interest expressed
in it (allegedly!), would I be being stupid by putting in an offer as
soon as I have seen it? Or should I wait until my buyer's surveyor has
reported back?

Does an offer have to be in writing at the first instance or can I
confirm in writing on my return? How will the estate agent of the
target property know that I am genuine? Perhaps I should take along
some relevant photcopies (from my solicitor, for example)?

It does not need to be in writing and I've never been asked for an
offer in writing. They know you are serious when you pay for the
surveyor to go round.

MBQ