Ba r r y

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:09:07 -0700, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

Well, since my rip fence is homemade, chip collection could be easily
added - I haven't yet.

Don't rush. Even with a DC or vacuum connection to the fence, plenty
of trash goes out the bottom, especially with large bits. With a
large bit and the vacuum running, I was still able to make about a 20
foot circle of chips! G

I had thought of building an MDF enclosure for underneath, but when
airflow and chip removal was considered, building a whole table was
just as easy.

With space at a premium, a box underneath and chip removal via the box
would work for the wing. The airflow down through the box would keep
the motor cool as it removed the waste.

The space is available when I'm not routing - I don't leave the router
itself there. Of course, I have to move what I store there when I put
in the router.

Another reason I gave up on the wing was surface height. I'm 6'1",
and a taller table is much easier on the back. My shop made table is
5 inches taller than my saw surface.

However, tight space is tight space!

Barry