dadiOH

ississauga wrote:
I have started installing 3/4" hardwood for my customers on a daily
basis.

Since the first and last boards cannot be stapled with the big
angular machines like the Bostitch MIIIFS how do you do this?
Manuals I read say nail to the face of the hardwood strip and
countersinking the nails/screws.

Believe the manual. Nicest way IMO is screws, fill the hole with a face
grain plug made from the same stock as the floor. Be sure to fasten the
first board FIRMLY so it doesn't deflect when you fasten the next (I screw
down the first three boards). Also make sure that they are dead
straight...they determine how all the rest go.

Another question is, what tool to use to cut off the 3/4" vertical
gap at the bottom of door trim so the hardwood strip can squeeze in
under the trim?

Any thin bladed saw without set teeth like the small Japanese saws meant for
cutting off plugs and the like. Less than $10 at Harbor Freight.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...