Bob Mannix

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Get a neon screwdriver, check the cases involved if it lights then

contact
qualified electrician.

If I had a neon screwdriver, it would be in the bin. Terrible things, full
of false positives and false negatives.

You're just too picky! All tools should be used within their limitations. A
neon screwdriver is a useful screwdriver that has the added benefit of being
able to tell which of two wires is live. I can live with false positives and
I wouldn't trust my safety to a negative - I'm getting to old to flick live
wires with my finger to check them ). Mind you, I think we've already had
this conversation.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)