tarquinlinbin

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:30:06 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Yes the thing is it would be troublesome to provide a dedicated supply
just for the fridge /freezer

There can be ways. Do you have a cooker circuit, for example? A quick
diversity calculation might allow you to use this for the fridge/freezer.

Christian.

Thanks to all for your feedback,i'll give it some thought.
Coincidentally i have had a plug socket that hasnt worked more or less
since i moved in the house (new build about 20years ago). It was one
that was little used anyway and i suspected a duff switch. I bought a
new socket yesterday and on taking the old one off,it became apparent
that the earths from the ring main were not connected!. They had never
been in place because the earth screw was fully home and had never
been in contact with the socket connector!. I'm just wondering now if
this has been the cause of my spurious trippages,time will tell..night
just do the consumer unit anyway.

thanks,,

joe