Kevin Craig

In article , BlueDude
wrote:

I do appreciate your explanation, thank you. I'm not a troll. I did
say I have never used Tung oil cuz it's rather expensive. Most
magazines say use Tung oil first, than apply polyurethane or something
of that sort. Last night I read Kingspor's Woodworking Shop catalog
(old copy) page52 ..."The advantage is a consistent quality finished
that will built up to be extremely hard and durable." Further, David
Mark's always praises Tung oil in his Woodworking show on TV, without
elaborate further...

Marks does favor tung oil, because it enhances the natural wood. But he
doesn't use it exclusively (despite what Mrs. Craig thinks). For
high-wear applications, I've seen him use a Maloof mix (tung/poly/BLO).
Same for a bath cabinet (a high humidity application).

To help emphasize what others said about your proposed finish: it would
be like dipping the wood in plastic, then rubbing it with baby oil. The
baby oil might make it look "wet" and shiny, but it wouldn't affect
the wood at all.

Keep asking questions. That's why we're here. :-)

Kevin