Joe Woody Woodpecker

Even though you may believe that the jointer will win over the table
saw, you also say that if all things are quality, the jointer will be
the best cut still. Well, I have made cuts with my forest blades both
on my CMS and table saw and have been told that the wood I cut was
sanded with a 220 grit sandpaper.

After you have purchased a forest blade, you will wonder why you have a
jointer other than to put a straight edge on rough lumber that you want
to run through your table saw to get two parallel sides that both look
like they have has a 220 grit sandpaper on. Suggestion: get yourself s
forest blade for your table saw and then ask yourself this question.

TeamCasa wrote

In a separate thread, a discussion has evolved to discussing the
difference between the quality of a surface prepared by a jointer
and that of a rip from a tablesaw.

I believe that if all of the equipment is setup properly, all blades
are quality ones, sharp and the procedures are sound, a jointer will
still render a better quality surface than a tablesaw time and time

again.

Thoughts?
Dave

--
Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...workerJoesInfo

Where you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03
* * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
* * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
* * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
* * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
* * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03