Doug Miller

In article , Andy Dingley wrote:
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:12:32 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

Oh, for goodness' sake! What a lot of trouble to go to! Why not just buy a
45-deg chamfer router bit with a longer cutting edge? Simple, quick, and easy.

Because he's already thought of that.

Well, no, he hadn't, or at least if he had it wasn't evident in his post.

Secondly, 3/4" is a big chamfer. Biggest cutter I can find is only
18mm

You haven't looked very hard, then.

I already posted links yesterday, to 45-degree chamfer bits with 1 1/4"
cutting lengths, one at Rockler and one at Woodcraft. Didn't take me more than
two or three minutes to find them.

Google on "45 chamfer router bit" and you'll find a lot more.

--
Regards,