Leon

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
In a separate thread, a discussion has evolved to discussing the
difference between the quality of a surface prepared by a jointer and that
of a rip from a tablesaw.

I believe that if all of the equipment is setup properly, all blades are
quality ones, sharp and the procedures are sound, a jointer will still
render a better quality surface than a tablesaw time and time again.

I think it all depends on the quality of the equipment and the user
technique. So far I have never been able to get my jointer to leave a shiny
reflective surface on the edge of a board. I see this regularly with my TS.
And yes, this is along the ripped edge.