Doug Miller

In article , "Swingman" wrote:

recent post that addresses your "parallel edges" query:

When you do your layout for your glue-up, and after you've used your
"cabinet maker's mark" of choice to mark the order of the boards, faceup,
put an "I"
on one side, and an "O" on the opposite side of each joint with a piece of
chalk/pencil.

"I" (inside) means that face goes against the jointer fence.

"O" (outside) means that face goes away from the jointer fence.

This will go a long way to insuring you take advantage of complementary
angles without getting mixed up, and will speed the process tremendously

This process does indeed eliminate any worries about edge parallelism across
the width, by insuring that any errors that may exist will cancel each other
out when the glue-up is assembled.

However, it does nothing to address the worries about edge parallelism along
the length. Jointing both edges of a board risks introducing a taper -- which
was the concern cited by the original poster IIRC.

--
Regards,