Tom Kohlman

Interesting reading...whereas I religiously make a habit of ripping wide and
then truing-up on the jointer, it now occurs to me that the little fuzzy
surface on the saw-cut may actually provide for a better glue-up than the
jointer produced glass surface. Will have to experiment.

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:17:13 GMT, Unisaw A100
wrote:

TeamCasa wrote:
I believe that if all of the equipment is setup properly, all blades are
quality ones, sharp and the procedures are sound, a jointer will still
render a better quality surface than a tablesaw time and time again.

Thoughts?

I think the Freud crosscut blade makes a damn fine cut, and I don't
imagine the rip blade is inferior in any way. I would think the
answer would depend on how nice a jointer you were using, but after a
certain point, I doubt it matters much- they're both excellent.

In theory yes but I can usually count on some tear out with
the jointer whereas the table saw delivers me a glue ready
edge without tear out.

UA100