Greg O

wrote in message
om...
Frank Campbell wrote in message

Your post reminded me of a place here in Vancouver that I used to go to
many years ago, the guy had a store packed with stuff, he stood at the
door beside a sign that said "No Browsing". You told him what you were
looking for and if he had it he let you in, otherwise you were told to
leave. It was always a challenge to get in just to look around, it
really bugged him if you asked the price of something other than what
you had told him you were looking for.

There's a used tool store in Cambridge, Ontario where the owner's
philosphy isn't much different. The place is stuffed floor to
ceiling, and he whines about having five times that much in storage,
but if you ask the price on anything, he makes up some story about the
price of a new one, and offers it to you at about 20% more than new
retail.

Last time I was in I asked about a 3/8" air ratchet that looked like
it had been dragged in behind a towtruck from the next city. Only
$80, as is.

Of course, he had a brand new one-ton Ford with every option beside
the store, so there must be enough idiots with money to keep him
going...

Same philosophy keeps Ebay going strong!
Greg