BlueDude

I do appreciate your explanation, thank you. I'm not a troll. I did
say I have never used Tung oil cuz it's rather expensive. Most
magazines say use Tung oil first, than apply polyurethane or something
of that sort. Last night I read Kingspor's Woodworking Shop catalog
(old copy) page52 ..."The advantage is a consistent quality finished
that will built up to be extremely hard and durable." Further, David
Mark's always praises Tung oil in his Woodworking show on TV, without
elaborate further...

If you don't know or don't understand "ASK" and I am here doing just
that from the good people here. :-) Thanks.

I suspect a troll, no one can accidently get that many things turned
around, but, just in case.

1 - polyurethane is a varnish. Coating with a non poly varnish then
following with a poly varnish is redundant and unnecessary

2 - Tung oil is an oil finish. It is not meant to build but to soak into
the wood and form a low luster natural look to the wood.

3 - Since tung oil is meant to soak into the wood and varnish seals the
wood and forms a film finish over the wood putting the oil on top of the
varnish would be an exercise in futility.

4 - Oil is an inappropriate finish for a surface that is going to have
heavy use.

--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods