Doug Winterburn

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:20:52 -0700, TeamCasa wrote:

In a separate thread, a discussion has evolved to discussing the
difference between the quality of a surface prepared by a jointer and that
of a rip from a tablesaw.

I believe that if all of the equipment is setup properly, all blades are
quality ones, sharp and the procedures are sound, a jointer will still
render a better quality surface than a tablesaw time and time again.

Thoughts?

Dave

I've been using my Searz RAS for glue up ripping red oak. Can't feel any
blade marks and can hardly find any with a bright light and a magnifying
glass.

--
"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among
[my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between