ameijers

"Janis" wrote in message
om...
"Janis" wrote in message
om...
I want to hang a group of 3 or 5 pendant lighting fixtures over a
dining room table. There is wiring in the center of the ceiling where
the current fixture is (this would be replaced by the pendants).

Is there an easy way to hang each of the pendants independently and
straight into the ceiling, instead of having a metal bar covering the
cords as they run along the ceiling into that center outlet?

(snip)
Consider a "track" on the ceiling. Attach track connectors to all

pendant
cords. Gives you some flexibility in placement. Also allows you to

easily
change lamp styles in the future.

That's the solution I figured I would have to use, but the problem is
that I don't like how those track connectors look, if they are the
ones I have in mind. Maybe now I'm looking for ideas more
design-related than how-to. I'm just not crazy about how those metal
or plastic tracks look. Any creative people out there?

In a condo, your choices are limited. Maybe a disk attached to ceiling, the
diameter of the circle of lights you want to hang? Hanging down an inch or
two, with a recess around the outside edge to create a shadow line, and hide
any unevenness in the joint with the ceiling? You could make the disk out of
pretty much any wood for the frame, and skin the bottom with decent plywood,
and paint or stain to suit. Just need to make sure you have some way to
easily detach or open up the disk, for access to the wiring. Some sort of
clips on ceiling into joists, with a big screw into shadow space on one side
so it doesn't fall off the clips, would work. Wish I could draw you a
picture- any good trim carpenter could knock it out in an hour or two. Just
run the wires from existing junction box to where you want the lights, and
fasten them through plywood with strain reliefs.

aem sends...