Ian Stirling

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

Even less aggressively, leave the frozen whatever on a plate on the
kitchen
counter. It will thaw. No energy cost.

Heating is an energy cost.

er - yes, that's why I said leave it on the counter instead of putting it in
the oven.

House heating.

Stick it in the fridge for a couple of days, and you actually recover
the heat used to freeze it.

A kilo of water will absorb about a third or two thirds (I can't remember
which, one is boiling and one is freezing) of a KWh when melting.
Stick it in the fridge, and the fridge works a bit less hard for
a couple of days.
Stick it on the counter, (assuming you're heating this time of year)
and it'll cost you a substantial fraction of a pence to defrost it.