GregP

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 00:25:02 GMT, patriarch
wrote:

I think the 12" is the 705, which I own, and about which I agree with Mike.

The 703 is a 10", and runs about $100 less at Amazon.

If you can go for the extra money, the 12" is a "keeper" saw, with capacity
to do everything a homeowner or hobbyist can throw at it. Not being a
contractor, I can't vouch for that use.

I'm a 40-shot handicapper an this and also looking at the 705.
But I just ran across the 712 and wonder if that one wouldn't
make the most sense as a general cutter for someone who
doesn't do anything fancy. I realize that it's limited in the
thickness it can handle but I very rarely do anything with wood
over 2" thick, and then it's for fence posts anyway.