coolneo

pet wrote in message ...
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:28:41 -0700, coolneo wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I have a plumber coming over in the morning to quote some work -

1) I need washer supply lines runs moved/run. The new location for the
washer is about 5 feet from the old location.

2) I also need the drain extended to reach the new location.

3) Finally, I need a gas line run about 3 feet for the dryer.

I've been reading nothing but horror stories on this and many other
forums about plumbers ripping people off, seems like the only one
defending plumbers are other plumbers. I'm a relatively new home owner
- so I wouldn't know.

Can someone give me an idea as to the price range for the work I need
done? If they plumber says $50 I'd be very surprised - if he says
$2,000 I'll leave the damn washer where it is!

Any info would be great!

Thanks,
Jay

I'd be surprised if it took more than 2 hrs + materials. Why not do it
yourself?

I've never done any plumbing, so I'm a little reluctant to do this
myself. But, if the price comes in at 1-2K I will definetly try to do
part of the job myself. I may just get longer hoses to the washer. The
gas line I won't mess with though.