Evon

I've used my Sears RAS since it was new early 1970's. It outlasted 2 boys
and my heavy woodworking. It's still runs well, (Knock on wood). So my
thought would be to take the motor to a local motor shop and have it worked
on or buy a new motor. It would be cheaper than a new saw. However, this is
a perfect time to up grade to a 12" RAS!!!.

"GTANNENB" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I was given a circa 1970 Sears Radial Arm Saw that I am not sure what
to do with it. I researched it and it was recalled but there is no
repair kit for it. My options are to keep it and use it as is or
return the motor and get $100 for it. The saw is in working condition
but has a light coat of rust on it as it has been sitting in a
basement for 5 years and not used during that time.

I am a fairly newbie to woodworking and I already have a approximately
10 year old Ryobi 8 1/4 inch RAS that is more portable that this saw.
Is this saw almost as good as the Sears?

I am not sure if I should take the money and put it toward other
tools, keep the saw for myself or sell it to someone else. Please let
me know your opinion on the saw and what I should do.

Thanks.