Tim Douglass

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:14:51 -0500, "Greg O"
wrote:

"Greg" wrote in message
I have seen used tools at pawn shop priced higher than the same model at

the
BORG. It is certainly not the first place I would look for a bargain.

True, Very true, but every so often you find nearly new tools for a good
price, like a PC 352VS, 3x21" belt sander, for $30, a PC693LRPK, router kit,
standard base and plunge baser, for $125. Sure not a great deal, but it was
like new, and included about $100 in carbide bits. A Crapsman 16ga brad
nailer for $25, likw new, and a PC7538 router for $125, also like new.

Sheesh! Last time I checked the pawn shops around here they want
80-90% of brand new price for something that looked like it had been
dragged behind a truck for a mile. Nail gun that was 299 at the Borg
was 279 at the pawn shop, but the pawn shop one didn't have the case,
was dinged all over, splashed with paint and featured a nice dent in
the magazine. I've done much better on e*ay.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com