Jana

Phil Hansen wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...

You can view finished hackberry on my web site. The URL is
www.hartzellwoodstock.bigstep.com Go to the cabinets page and there's
a good example of an armoir built of lumber that we left dead piled
for a while which will darken the grain. Jana

Thanks, you have some nice stuff. The hackberry looks nothing like the
raw timber in the bundels. I suppose the leaving for while before using
brings out the colors. Pricy, but what isn't these days.
BTW on a slow connection your site is a painful waiting experience. You
see the lumber, flooring, moulding bar about 30 times before anything
else start to appear.

Dead piling helps darken the grain but this is northern grown which
has more grain than southern grown anyway. I always run a sale on it
for $1.60 a bf, s2s, kiln dried. Sorry, can't go much lower. I know
the site is slow and would change it if I could.... if you have any
ideas, my email works and I'm open to suggestions and appreciate your
time. Thanks, Jana