J. Clarke

Dino the Carpenter wrote:

"Jay Windley" wrote in message
Every time I go into my shop I take a second to consider that most of the
machines in that room are trying to kill me. Even though I'm just an
amateur, I've tried to condition myself to the basic rules such as
turning off and disarming equipment and letting it come to a stop before
reaching
near the moving parts. (Those little pull-out arming pins are a pain the
neck and easily lost, but I very nearly turned on my band saw
accidentally with my knuckles pressed up against the band.)

When I was eight or so I watched my dad sacrifice his finger and thumb
tips
in a fine red mist to a very sturdy jointer while building our house.
(And
he was using a pusher stick just as he'd been taught.) Maybe everyone
needs to be indoctrinated into the reality of power tools at such an
early age. But whenever I'm tempted to be cavalier, I try to think of how
stupid I'm going to look sitting in the emergency room with a bloody
towel around my hand.

Remember, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

--Jay

Hi Jay. This tools 're design 75-100 years ago. And yes. they will get
you at first chance. But is never to late for you to learn of another
way.
The Dead Wood Concept by Eurekazone. Where the wood stays put and your
hands never go close to any moving blade.
Hi Guys. My name is Dino (the carpenter) and my mission is to make
woodworking Fun-safe-Smart-Easy and affordable to anyone.
Because woodworking is a good thing. Please visit our website
www.eurekazone.com and I will be happy to answer any questions,
I saw some hits in our site from this forum and I stop over to say Hi.

I hate to tell you this but with a radial arm saw the wood stays put and
your hands never need to go close to any moving blade but people cut
themselves with those regularly. Also with miter saws, which work on the
same deal. Also with circular saws, same deal.

Safety doesn't come from gadgets, it comes from safe work habits. The
gadgets are the second line for when you momentarily forget the first.
Hi Guys.
Your carpenter friend.
YCF Dino

--