George

The type of client who brings things _to_ the shop may not be who you want
in the shop. The same five fingers that lifted what he brings can work on
what you've got.

Pawnbrokers have to consult some general reference to price items. I
imagine it's MSRP on the internet.

As to real estate, it's the cost of money, not the cost of the footage that
drives the market.

"Eric Anderson" wrote in message
I am from the Detroit area. You would think that the personality you all
are describing would be unique. It is not! Why does it bother them if

you
browse or if you say your are just looking? Many retail outfits LIVE on
that principle. As far as deals. About 30 years ago, I bought a Teac

3340,
4 channel reel to reel tape recorder with 10 1/2 reels for $250 (as I
recall, it was worth about $1500). It was like new. In the same pawn

shop
I saw items (microphones, tools, etc), as you all have pointed out, higher
than retail. I would sure like someone in the business to explain this
philosophy. It might help to explain some of the same mentality I am

seeing
in the real estate business now.