Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Philip wrote:
The lighting circuits do not have any earth wires and there are no
power sockets in the loft. Only a single lighting circuit.

That makes the lighting wiring rather old - although if PVC could still be
ok.

Should I look further for an earting system up there. This is a
1930's house with a wiring system from that era, although most cables
are of the newer (white PVC) type I suspect the wiring layout design
is of the 1930 era.

Don't think very much has changed in design, really.

If the wiring is as easy to get at as you suggest, I'd be tempted to
replace the lot with TW&E. Bodging an earth on here and there just as
absolutely necessary isn't good practice.

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.