IMM

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message
I;m about to replace my existing metal cased wylex consumer unit,the
one with the big grey RCD on/off switch which has a penchant for
nuisance trippage,with a new unit which will have an isolator and
mcb,s. Do i really need an rcd though ?. My biggest issue is nuisance
trippage once or twice a year leading to fridge /freezer defrost.
There is no apparent fault,it may just be a fault on an adjacent
property or something or just nothing at all. Are newer rcd's less
prone to trippage?

CU units are available with mcb on the RCD and other that supply the
freezer, alarm, etc, not on the RCD. get one of these.