tarquinlinbin

Default new consumer unit-do i need an RCD?

I;m about to replace my existing metal cased wylex consumer unit,the
one with the big grey RCD on/off switch which has a penchant for
nuisance trippage,with a new unit which will have an isolator and
mcb,s. Do i really need an rcd though ?. My biggest issue is nuisance
trippage once or twice a year leading to fridge /freezer defrost.
There is no apparent fault,it may just be a fault on an adjacent
property or something or just nothing at all. Are newer rcd's less
prone to trippage?

joe