Brian Sharrock

"Mick." wrote in message
Hi all,
I am a 60 year old male living alone and like most of us out at work all
day!
I have been buying fresh cooked chickens, normally 2 at a time,
removing all the skin and bone, portioning it and when cool freezing it to
use in sandwiches ect as I need.
it has been suggested that freezing fresh cooked chicken could result in
food poisoning.
any advice welcomed.

Dunno! But, I've been doing this for years/decades ...
I buy large joints of beef, ham, pork (even chicken
ready cooked) then slice it and freeze it. I tend to
use 'Layering paper' which used to be available
everywhere but nowadays I can only seem to locate
from Lakeland. I slice the meat- place a layer of
the paper into a Tupperware-style container , repeat
until the box is full - then into the freezer.
IMHO, there's a ratio between the original size of
the 'joint' and the flavour of the meal. Little pieces
of meat don't quite have the taste of big pieces ... but
one can't eat all of the 'large pieces' at one meal.
There's also the marketing ploy of charging more pro-rata
for small pieces than larger.
The use of layering paper makes it easier to separate
a small quantity of slices from the box of frozen meat.
And of course the normal hygiene rules of scrubbed hands/
finger nails / knife / chopping board and storage container
apply.
Any way, it's never done me any har....... aargh!

--

Brian