Never Enough Money

Your idea about malinking it look 2" thick sounds good.

I don't exactly understand your last question -- gluing end-grain is
usually a bad idea even if it is two pieces of the same species.....

"Dr. deb" wrote in message ...
I am getting ready to build an office desk out of 1" pecan and was wondering
how to finish the ends. I could breadboard them, but that would not look
the best on a desktop. What about making the top about 2" longer than I
need and use the cutoff to give the look of a 2" piece. The front and back
would also have a piece of 1" stock glued to them, (where cross grain is
not a problem.) I would miter the side and end pieces to give a finished
look

Since the end piece is also cross grain, of the same board, there should be
no glue up problems, Right?

Deb