Bill

In message , Frank Erskine
writes

When I bought my house some 20 years ago I noticed that two (metallic)
wall lights in the living(!) room were wired with 2-core flex buried
diagonally in the wall directly from the back of a pair of 13A sockets
as a spur from a 30A ring main...

Needless to say these lamps have long gone!
Frank Erskine
OETKBC

Creepy!!!!!!!
I had exactly the same 10 years ago. The 9KW shower was also wired with
2.5mm T&E via a 13A fused spur. Only noticed the shower wiring after a
couple of weeks when the 13A fuse blew. There was such a volts drop in
the cable that the fuse mustn't have been too much over its rating, nice
warm wall though!
--
Bill