Andy Hall

Default what to buy a builder???

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:00:22 -0000, "James Hart"
wrote:

I went skiing in a group of 10 people a couple of weeks back, a few of which
would fit in the small builder/tradesman category. One of them took a few
photos one day and that night we sat looking through them on his camera,
after all the snowy ones there were half a dozen he'd took of a new summer
room he'd built and every one of us agreed that he ought to keep a copy of
them and use them as an example of his work. Up til that point he'd always
thought of that idea as having no merit as no one would be interested but
after all the feedback he's now going to take his camera with him on a job
and document most of the build to give a good record of work to use as part
of a presentation for future jobs.
It's one of those ideas like catalogueing the house contents that we all
should do but never get round to I suppose.

Exactly. I selected a guy to do some tiling that way. He had a
portfolio of work done complete with references, some of which I
checked.

To me it represents an understanding of his business and likely
customer base and also that he does things in an organised way.

I'm not so much interested in the detail and colour choice of other
customers but the quality of work.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl